Skip to content
- Goa, otherwise known as the Beach Capital of India is the smallest state in India.
- The state has a third land covered by forests.
- It was ruled by Portugal for almost 450 years. It was liberated from Portuguese rule on 19th December 1961. So Goa has two independent days.
- During the Portuguese reign, India’s first printing press and medical school were established in the state. The printing press started operation in 1956 and it was the 1st printing press in Asia.
- Asia’s only Naval Aviation Museum is in Goa.
- Goa has the highest per capita income in India.